If you need to regulate humidity, probably thinking about buying humidity controller -Hygrostat. This article describes device MH-13001
Short description of hygrostat: It looks the same as the thermostat wilhi wh7016C have same type LED display and butons. Diference is “only” sign is not yet celsius but in % relative humidity and probe is not NTC10K ,but is three wires capacitive probe (white plastic end) his type is AM2302 .
Here are the pros and cons of MH-13001 humidity controller:
Here is pros
- Compatibile size with other similar temperature controllers ec. Wilhi 7016C
- Good visible red display with “set” and “working” LED indication
- Easy instrument control (explained later in post)
- Owns all the main functions that need good thermostat hysteresis, calibration, delayed start, and other ..
- Housing is good you can mout temperature controller in panel.
- Very good price 20 usd include shiping
Here is cons
- Muss calibrate this device , measurement humidity befor calibration is bad (in some pieces) but after correcture +- 2-4% is MH 13001 reliable.
- For control with maximal precission under 1% is bad choice.
Price and buy
Detailed description of humidity controller MH13001 :
Now i will describe hygrostat (humidity controller ) and control , i will try to describe accurately.The device MH13001 include five main components:
- The display is red, it shows three “LED” digits,Clearly shows the temperature full value (no decimal place) .
- Below the display are Four buttons which control the humidity controller. First buton is “SET” with next two buttons are + and – are used for menu navigation increasing or decreasing values, and Rst is “ON/OFF button”
- On the back of the humidity controller 3x green terminals. In left is “Relay switch” , in center is “Power” and right is terminals for probe AM2302. (Later i descripted in schematick)
- The sensor for the Humidity controller MH-13001 is placed in bottom of temperature controller right side .It is about 80 cm long with active end.Type of temperature sensor is AM2302.
- Humidity controller MH-13001 can save the setings if no power source (blackout).
Be careful !!!!
1.) If you buy Humidity controller , take care when choosing a product, pay attention to probe buy only with one white probe stay away with similar grey probe (is bad choice)
2) If you connect the hygrostat must pay attention to the voltage label , Wrong voltage = burned-out thermostat
Choose right voltage version if you from United States (US) choose 110V , for European 220V,and 24V or 12V version.
Short guide how to connect Humidity controller MH-13001:
- For US (and other state) choose 110V version WH7016 Temperature controller
- For EU (european union) choose 220V (230V is OK) version WH7016 Temperature controller
- 12/24V can be AC or DC working good with both types of voltage.
Conection and terminals :
- Terminal 1 and 2: Normally open contact relay
- Terminals 3 and 4: 220V power connection
- Terminal 5,6 and 7: temperature sensor connection
Be carefull!!! :
Insert the probe properly – Red + 5V to “5” terminal , Yelow signal to “6”terminal, Black -5V to “7” terminal
And power to 3-4 terminals (do not connect to “sensor” terminal, hygrostat – burn!!!)
Load can be a humidifier or dehumidifier (muss add other device this product is only hygrostat)
Functions and settings of the hygrostat :
At the beginning it is good to introduce humidity control for easy work. The MH-13001 has four control buttons on the SET, UP and DOWN,TURN ON/OFF.
Short press SET key you can set goal humidity (with arrows).
If you press the SET button for 2 seconds enters the menu with eight options for setting the humidity controller (HC,P7,CA,HS,LS,d,)
Function and codes:
|Menu code selection|
|Symbol||Details||Setting range||Factory settings||Unit|
|HC||humidification or dehumidifying||H/C||C|
|D||Hysteresis||1 — 15||5||*C|
|LS||Lowest setting limits||-50 — 110||-50||*C|
|HS||The maximum limit set||-50 — 110||110||*C|
|CA||Humidity correction||-5 — 5||0||*C|
|P7||Delay time||0 — 10||1||Min|
HC – humidification or dehumidifying
Dehumidification Mode: When the measured Humidity is higher than or equal to the set value + hysteresis, the relay picks up to start the output; When the measured Humidity below the set value, the relay off and close the output.
Humidification mode: When the measured Humidity is higher than or equal to the set value, the relay off, turn off the output; When the measured Humidity below the set value – hysteresis, the relay picks up to start the output.
Example for Setting: If it is set to Humidification mode, set the Humidity to 75%, hysteresis is set to 5, then when the measured Humidity is higher than or equal to 75%, the relay is off, close the output. When the temperature is below 70%, pick up the relay again, to start the output.
Example for Setting: If it is set to Dehumidification mode, set the Humidity to 75%, hysteresis is set to 5, then when the measured Humidity is below 75%, the relay is off, close the output. When the Humidity is higher than or equal to 80%, pick up the relay again, to start the output.
Humidification, Dehumidification mode setting: Press “SET” key and hold more than 2 seconds to enter the menu display, the screen appears “HC” code, press the “SET” key to display the working mode, press the “▲” or “▼” to adjust the display, C means Dehumidification mode; H means Humidification mode.
D – Hysteresis function
Hysteresis setting limits the maximum interval between the opening and stopping, this machine minimum interval between the opening and stopping is 1 %, the maximum is 15 %.
Hysteresis settings: Press “SET” key and hold more than 3 seconds to enter the menu display, with “▲” or “▼” key adjusted to the screen, appearing “D” code, press the “SET” key to display the hysteresis set value, press “▲ “Or”▼”key to adjust the parameters.
CA – Humidity calibration funtion
When there is deviation between the measuring Humidity and standard Humidity, use the Humidity calibration function, make the machine measurements value consistent with the standard Humidity, the after calibration Humidity = the before calibration Humidity + calibration value (calibration value can be positive number, negative number, and 0) .
Humidity calibration settings: Press “SET” key and hold more than 3 seconds to enter the menu display, with “▲” or “▼” key adjusted to the screen, appearing “CA” code, press the “SET” key to display the temperature calibration settings, press “▲ “Or”▼”key to adjust the parameters.
For example: When we measure the probe Humidity was 75 %,it displays 75% as the CA is 0, it displays 76% as the CA is 1, it displays 74 % as the CA is -1. This function is generally applied when the probe can not measure directly the measured object.
P7 Delay Protection Funtion
Set the device boot twice the shortest time interval
Delay Protection Setting: Press “SET” key and hold more than 3 seconds to enter the menu display, with “▲” or “▼” key adjusted to the screen, appearing “P7” code, press the “SET” key to display the delay setting value, then press the “▲ “or “▼”key to adjust the parameters.
HS and LS Upper and lower limit functions:
The setting of HS and LS limit the set range of control Humidity point ,
for example: HS is set to 75, LS is set to 50, the control Humidity can only be adjusted between 50 and 75, when the control Humidity to 50 then press “▼” key, the display will remain on the status of 50 and not decrease; when the control temperature to 75 then press “▲” key, the display will on the status of 75 and not increase. If the set point outside this range, it needs to firstly change the value of HS and LS, then it can be achieved.
Upper and lower limit settings: Press “SET” key and hold more than 3 seconds to enter the menu display, with “▲” or “▼” key adjusted to the screen, appearing “HS” or “LS” code, press the “SET” key to display the upper or lower limit set value, Then press “▲” or “▼” key to adjust the parameters.
HS means upper limit. LS means lower limit. For example: the upper and lower limits are used to limit the range of control temperature that can be set, such as: LS is 10, HS 20, then press the SET key to adjust the temperature control, it can only be varied between 10 and 20.
1)When the sensor disconnected, the screen displays — and close the output
2)When the sensor detects the temperature is below 1%, the screen displays LLL
3)When the sensor detects a temperature higher than 99%, the screen displays HHH
Caution for using:
- the load must not exceed the output contact capacity, or it may result in machine damage and cause a fire. Various connecting wire must be
- well connected with the terminal, otherwise, it would result in reducing the reliability of machine. When connecting the wire, please separate power supply, relays, sensors, otherwise it will damage the machine.
Complete technical information for humidity controller MH-13001:
- Working voltage: 220V ±10%
- Rated current: 10A
- power consumption: ≤3W
- Measurement range: 1% ~ 99% RH
- Measurement precision: 1% RH
- Measurement error: ±3% RH
- Control precision: 1% RH
- Working temperature: 0~70 Celsius degree
- Item size: 8.5 * 7.5 * 3.5cm / 3.4 * 3 * 1.4in
- Item weight: 203g / 7.2oz
- Package size: 10 * 8 * 6cm / 3.9 * 3.1 *1.6in
- Package weight: Approx. 235g / 8.3oz