Good day here is my complete review , with schematic how to connect Hall proximity sensor to device CF5135B. I buy 3 pieces for start and here is my experience.In my review you see pros and cons, detailed instructions how to plug and set this device with technical parameters.
I tried to run the speedometer for about 2 hours.After two hours, I found that the device was totally wrong, I will describe my mistake below where I give the correct scheme.Now the plus and minus of the device:
Here are the pros and cons of CF5135B spedometer tachometer:
Here is pros
- Nice and solid design
- Hall sensor can be extended
- The end of the sensor hall has a twisting thread with nuts
- Large LED display
- Maybe have protection against reverse polarity (I plugged it completely opposite and it works)
Here is cons:
- Poorly labeled wires may be mistaken when connecting, I will explain below
- Supply voltage is 8-24V better would be 8-30V because it can not be used in 24V cars because charging is 29V (it’s not big minus)
- This product has a lot of unnecessary and just a bit different versions
Price and buy:
- Here is complete list of RPM meter with Hall proximity switch senzor on aliexpress
- An here is good price under 10 usd from seller wintop .
Good price is under 10usd shipping include , this device can buy on aliexpress,ebay, amazon. But is carefull – watch photos closely because many types of similar to this tachometer for example with three wires yelow,red,black this review and tutorial does not describe this type
Detailed description CF5135B speedometer
Tachometer has black plastic box have clips for panel placement to electrical cabinet or other box. Display have 4 digits can buy Blue or Red its dimensions are around 67*32mm.
On the back of the speedometer is the range of speed measurement per minute and the range of supply voltage (8-24V) and consumption (40mA). Also the model name CF5135B and down is wiring diagram that could be better.
Now I will describe how to properly integrate the RPM tachometer with hall proximity sensor:
My failure was that I was badly turned the top-up display, then the order of the wires was exactly the opposite of the diagram and the device did not work (of course)
The RPM device must be rotated by the display down, then the correct wires according to the diagram on the back.
Here is a description of electrical wires on connector:
- + the positive power pole is connected to the brown wire for the magnetic sensor
- – negative power pole
- speed sensor / blue wire from the sensor
- Fourth position (nothing connect )
- speed / black sensor sensor
these are two verified circuit diagrams:
Digital LED Tachometer RPM Speed Meter with Hall Proximity Switch Sensor NPN
For information, here is a description of the hall sensor switch wires:
Brown: + Source 8-24V (36V max)
Blue: – Source 8-24V
Black: Signal inpuf from Hall senzor
Hall switch is model NJK-5002C , is compatible with RPM counter CF5135B
This forum is good info http://www.model-engineer.co.uk/forums/postings.asp?th=112167
Complete technical parameter od RPM counter speedometer CF5135B:
- Operating temperature: 0 to 50°C.
- Red LED Specifications:
- Power requirement:DC 8-24V
- Measure range:10 ~ 9999RPM.
- Error range: 0.1%
- Clear zero:Automatic .
- Clear zero time:About 10s.
- Refresh frequency: 0.2-0.5S(120-1200RPM),0.25-0.06S(2400-9999RPM).
- Response frequency:100HZ.
- Measure indication:(RPM<5000,±2),(RPM>5000,±3).
- Sign:NPN 5 wires normally open.
- Display:5 x 2cm red LED.
- Tachometer size:79 x 42 x 25mm.
- Panel cutout size:76 x 39mm.
- Hall proximity model:NJK-5002C .
- Detected objects: Magnet.
- Detection range: 1mm-10mm.
- Proximity output current: 20mA(For the sensor).
- Operating temperature: -10 to 60°C.
- Sensor wiring:brown(Power+),black(Test+),blue(signal).
- Sensor size: 60 x 10mm.
- Sensor wire length:1.2M
- Magnet:10x2mmFunction selection:
- 1.Reset or manual reset on power.
- 2.Store the data (no power).Pacage include:
1 x Red LED tachometer
1 x NPN hall proximity sensor
1 x magnet