In this review you will learn all the details about the scooter control unit from the Chinese company Yiyun my rating and manual how to connect it with other components.
Here is pros:
- It has small dimensions
- Supports classic throttle
- And has a good price
- Battery protection is particularly useful for lead-acid batteries that do not have a BMS circuit
Here is cons:
- The control unit is not waterproof
- 22A which can give it will heat but is max normal current draw on road is about 5A.
LB27 is good controller for for easier load or example, an electric scooter,a quad bike for children different drives where is used the brush motor. Wiring Yiyun LB27 24V is similar to Yiyun YK31C 36V from the same manufacturer. But this controller is smaller and has fewer terminals.
- If you need more power look for higher voltage maybee like quad bike controller etc. 36V YIYUN 1000W.
- OR 24/36V brush motor controler yiyun YK31C
The place where you place the control unit must be without water reach yiyun LB27 is not waterproof – no waterproofing at the control unit outlet.
Detailed description of Yiyun LB27 controller
Controller has alumium case for better cooling , the case LB27 has one side extended so that you can drill it and place it somewhere on the frame of a quad or scooter.
- It 250W is ony specific rate controller has maximum current about 21A can give real 500W.
- The controller is stored in the aluminum cover,and secured by cross screws.
- Cable wires with connectors are about 15cm long.
- On the top of the cover there is a description of the wiring but it is Chinese so I will show below how to correctly connect the control unit.
- Supports the Hall sensor three-wire control throttle.
- LB is only for brushed motor.
- The controller has an integrated battery protection, for example, when the 24V.
Yiyun LB27 controller wiring manual
You must connect the power wires correctly, you cannot change them + – it is not clear if the control unit has reverse + and – protection.
Here manual with fotos how to connect motor, throtle,brakes now i describe connector outputs:
- Power （ rough red connect the positive pole ,rough black connect the negative )
- Motor（ rough blue connect the positive pole ,rough yellow connect the negative )
- Indicator light （thin black connect the negative , thin red connect the power output )
- Brake light
- Brake (thin black connect the negative , think yellow connect brake signal )
- charging port
- Electric lock
- Speed handle （ thin red connect +5V , thin black connect negative , green connect signal )
Motor wire If you turn the wires into the motor, the motor changes the direction of rotation, a suitable switch adds reverse
Throttle The most commonly arranged drivers on the throttle is +, signal, minus, but on this LB27 control unit is +, -, signal, the wires need to be replaced correctly. Here’s a tip for a throttle hat works well with all controllers .
Lock just connect the blue and red wires to activate the control unit.
Power indicator be careful that the voltage indication goes directly from the battery You must not short-circuit the voltage, it must not be connected to 5V outputs, otherwise the control unit may burn.
If you expect higher performance (the controller can supply up to 20A), place it in a location where it will be cooled.
- Voltage: 24v
- controller: Brushed controller
- Match Motor: 350W Brushed Motor
- Dimension: aprox 2.75 “x 2” x 1.5 “
- Weight: 8 oz
- Brand: Yiyun
- Model: LB27
If you have questions, write a comment: