In my review I will describe my 3 year experience with the W1210W thermostat from Shenzenn Meihang (MH). In this article, you can read the pros and cons of the product, how to set it up and where to buy it.
Now I am describing my experience with the W1210W thermostat, I tested about 450 pieces of this product and only 1 did not work. 2 pieces have ceased to work for three years, the other 447 thermostats work very well. Read the pros and cons of this product
Price and buy
Temperature controller can buy from Ebay or AliExpress, good price varies around about 8 usd and more shipping included.Keep in mind that at low cost 8-10 usd sell thermometers not temperature controllers with case, MH1210W is very cheap (but with good stable and accuracy).
If you need low cost If you want an even cheaper temperature controller recommend XH-W1209 cost is 2-3 usd very cheap but not have case (only PCB electronic circuit).
Similar model is with degrees of fahrenheit and support 110V good for US market. For Europe (UK ,Germany etc) use 230V and degrees of celsius.
Here are the pros and cons of MH-1210W temperature controller:
Here is pros
- Control accuracy is 0.1 °C it is a great advantage !
- Small size and have clips in the panel
- Easy instrument control (explained later in post)
- Owns all the main functions that need good thermostat hysteresis, calibration, delayed start, and other ..
- Good reliability
- Very good price
Here is cons
- Chinese characters like the scheme are not good
- On some temperature controllers muss set a temperature of + – 0.5C (need calibrate , but is easy step)
It is a good device with a good price.You pay from 7-15 usd (even with shipping) and you will get a stable device that you can set to high accuracy.
The disadvantage is Chinese terminal markers, you may be mistaken when connecting electrical wires so read my manual below. Shenzen Meihanng does not sound credible but produces cheap and good thermostats.
My rating is positive before writing reviews I tried about 450 pieces of Mh1210W.
The best use this MH1210W temperature controller is in the hatcheries ,incubator,animal care sensitive to the correct temperature. It is good in boilers for heating water or in refrigerators and freezers.
Detailed description of temperature controller MH1210W
Now I will describe thermostat and control , i will try to describe accurately.The device MH1210W includes five main components:
- The display is red, it shows three digits four.clearly shows the temperature value withe the one decimal place.
- Below the display are four buttons which control the thermostat MH1210W. First buton is “SET” with next two arrows buttons are + and – are used for menu navigation increasing or decreasing values. The fourth button is on / off
- The display has two diodes one shows that the thermostat has activated the relay (your device is on) – this diode has called work. The second diode lights up when you set the thermostat, called SET.
- Do we involve green terminal two terminals 1-2 is for the relay 1 and 2 , terminal 3-4 for power from 90-250V AC current ,for probe is terminals 5-6(No matter on polarity) .
- The sensor for the temperature controller MH-1210W is placed in 5-6 terminals. It is about 80 cm long with active iron end.Type of temperature sensor is clasic NTC 10K 0.5% B3435 .
Complete Guide Manual how to connect and set MH1210W device
In this manual, I will show you how to properly connect and set up a good temperature controller from China.
How to properly connect terminals ((Do not connect under electric current))
First, let me explain wiring on my scheme:
My tips how to connect the temperature controller :
- Power is AC 90-250V This means that the thermostat is suitable for both the US and Europe..The trasformer in controller is stable is not overheating.
- DONT not connect to 5-6 phase and null wire !! … BAD …mistake temperature controller burn !
- To relay terminal connect only phase wire (NOT phase with null wire =BAD relay burn)
- If your device has a high power consumption equal to or greater than 10 amperes, I recommend feeding it through a contactor or solid state relay.. You can also control 3 phase devices (although the thermostat has only one phase)
- You can put the temperature cotroller the cabinet or any DIY idea.
Here is a practical video how to set the thermostat:
How to SET goal temperature :
Before setting the temperature, you need to program the thermostat MH1210W correctly here as manual:
Short press button SET you can set goal temperature.
Long press button SET is access to the temperature controller menu.
The up and down arrows are to select the temperature or move the menu.
I recommend this setup procedure:
First go to menu of temperature controller (long push SET but)
SET HC – Heating or Cooling
H is heating . the setting control temperature is 28°C slewing range (hysteresis) temperature is 2°C . when the environment temperature > setting temperature (28 °C ), the relay will switch off and stop the output load; when lhe environment temperature setting temperature (28°C )- slewing range of temperature (hysteresis) ‘ 2°C
C is cooling the set temperature is 28°C and slewing range (hysteresis) is 2°C. When the temperature rises to 28 + 2C (slewing range of temperature is 2°C) he relay will switch on and start output load,The relay switches off when the temperature drops to 28°C.
CA- is the temperature correction You can set it -10°C to 10°C by 0.1°C this is This is a big advantage of the MH 1210W thermostat (Other devices only support 1°C calibration steps, this may be inaccurate)
LS and HS min a max SET temperature limit are not the temperature control parameter adjustment, change will reduce the temperature control range.-50°C and +110°C is default range.
PU is delayed start – (if the delayed start function doesn’t need set the delayed start (code PU) to 0).For example, if you set a delayed start of 1 so when the temperature reaches the set limit, the temperature controller starts to read for 1 minute then the relay switches on. Is good options for protect cooling compressor.
A7 is delayed turn of relay For example, if you set a delayed turn off reley 1min so when the temperature reaches the set limit, the temperature controller starts to read for 1 minute then the relay switches OFF.
d is hysteresis slewing range (hysteresis). It is a temperature difference if the thermostat does not have to activate the relay. For example, if I heat and I have 28 and d 3 degrees so when the temperature reaches 28°C, the thermostat shuts off the relay and turns it on at 25°C (28°C-3°C as hysteresis).
Set goal temperature
After have done this settings you can quick touch four buton for exist from menu al changes is saved. Tempereture controller showing actual temperature .Now set goal temperature : quick touch SET butons and arows up and down Increase or decrease the temperature.
If you need help send mee comment -I will try to help
Other info tips and hacks:
MH1210W has temperature sensor probe NTC – B3435 .The temperature sensor can be extended from 80cm to XX meters, for example 25 meters, the temperature deviation eliminate in the correction CA. (I described it up in the tutorial-manual)
- Set the temperature to 31°C
- HC set H
- D set 1°C(or 0.5°C)
- PU set 0
You can catch end the thermostat probe by hand and you will see how the temperature rises and when it reaches 31 degrees the working LED and the relays turn off.The relay switches on again until the temperature reaches 30°C…test is done.
Set the temperature quickly To reach the set temperature faster, hold down the arrow button, the target temperature will change rapidly.
If you need to calibrate it, use a certified thermometer (not a scrap)
Technical paramters MH 1210W temperature controller:
- Operating voltage: 90-250V AC
- Power consumption: less than equal 3W
- Rated current: 10A
- Measuring range:-50 °C to 110 °C
- Accuracy of measurement: +- 05°C (can calibrate)
- Increment step by : 0.1°C
- Setting range:-50 Celsius has 110 Celsius
- Temperature sensor: NTC 25 degrees Celsius
- Output load: 10A / 220V AC
- Operating temperature:-20 has 70 Celsius
- Humidity: 90% non-condensing
- The product size: approx. 8.5 x 7.5 x 3.45 cm / 3.34 x 2.95 x 1.35″
1x temperature controller MH1210W
1 x temperature probe NTC 10K sensor
1x Englisch /Chinese manual