Maybe it also happened that the control unit YK31C on an electric bicycle or a four-wheeler or electric scooter.In this article I will describe a relatively good substitution for the old control unit, you will learn the pros and cons, there is also a good manual to connect the circuits to the control unit
Where to buy
Review with Pros and Cons
Now I am describing my experience with the YIYUN YK31C Speed controller for brush motor, I tested about 12 pieces of this product and all worked OK. Read the pros and cons of this product:
- A small box, will fit almost everywhere
- It has battery protection, and if the voltage drops, the control unit switches off
- Compatible with parts for electric bicycles 36V/48V batteries,brakes,throttle and meters.
- s costly about 10-17 $ even with shipping
- It’s not completely waterproof (little water does not matter eg rain).
- In the case of a long-term very high load, it can burn down,(the control unit is small and the heat has no place to escape)
It is a good device with a good price.You pay from 10-17 usd (even with shipping) and you will get a stable device with good performace and with basic funtions.
For long-term high current consumption, the control unit needs to be cooled (Such as a long hill climb).
- My rating is positive before writing reviews I tried about 12 pieces of YIYUN YK31C.
The best use this 24V/36V YIYUN YK31C is for brush motor this include e-bike,mini elektrobike,electric cart ,e-scooters and and so on.
Detailed description of brush ebike controller YIYUN YK31C
YIYUN YK31C controller can buy in diferent voltage and watage variation i seek this version in table:
- It ranges from the version of how much current it can bring eg. 24V 350W má maximum current about 25A
- The controller is stored in the aluminum cover,and secured by cross screws.
- Cable wires with connectors are about 15cm long
- On the top of the cover there is a description of the wiring but it is Chinese so I will show below how to correctly connect the control unit
- Supports the Hall sensor three-wire control throttle
- In YK31C is used CNX-50 for motor or battery and CNX-54 for throttle , other connector is CNX-54 its good explained on this page
- The controller has an integrated battery protection, for example, when the 24V system is switched off at 20.5V at 36V it is 31.5V and at 48V jet approx. 43.5V
Here is manual for YIYUN YK31C Controller how to properly plug the connectors
- Battery :Thick Black (Power Negative) /Thick Red (Power Positive)
- Motor :Thick Yellow (Motor Negative) /Thick Blue (Motor Positive)
- Ignition Switch :Thin Red(VCC)/Thin Blue
- Indicator : Thin red (Indicator power output) /thin black (indicator negative)
- Brake: Thin yellow (Brake signal)/thin black(Negative Power)
- Speed governor : Thin blue(Speed handlebar Signal input) /Thin black (Negtive Power) /thin red(5V Positive Power)
- Charge Port: Thin red (charge input power Positive) /thin black (Power negative)
- Brake Light: Thin red (power Positive) /thin black (Power negative)
- Most often works with SLA lead batteries but can also be li-ion or li-po, lifepo4.
Here can download manual with wirring controller manual for YIYUN YK31C Controller
An important note when connecting the throttle must be good wires !! Otherwise an electric scooter will not work
On schematic is called “speed governor” is connector for thortle Well see how the wires are arranged
- First is blue signal wire (Also often marked green)
- Second is black (- 5V negative )
- The third one is red (+5V positve)
But on the throttle the most common electrical wires are connected as follows
- First is black (- 5V negative )
- Second is is blue signal wire (Also often marked green)
- The third one is red (+5V positve)
Connect the wires to black, red to red, and color to color – You have to reassemble the wires from the connector again.
Technical parameters of brush controller
- Voltage: 24Volts or 36v or 48V
- Rated power: 250-800 watts
- Match Motor: depend on the power version of the control unit (24,36,48, can be 250W,350W,500W,800W)
- Current Limit:28A+-1AShort Voltage
- Protection:20V+-0.5V (for 24V)
- Brake handle: mechanical normally open
- Speed Regulator 1-4 V(Throttle )
- Size 102x65x38mm
If you have any questions, write them in the comments